Spokane airport parking garages under construction | News
The Spokane International Airport has made a huge announcement. The airport will be resurfacing both the north and south helixes in the garage closest to the Main Terminal throughout October.
Traffic will have alternate driving routes through a nearby garage. This will allow passengers a secure covered parking place during construction. By having the helixes resurfaced, the traction and preservation of the driving surface will be enhanced. This will allow the ramps to remain open during the winter.
The project has been awarded $92,132 from the Spokane Airport Board.
The South helix will be closed from October 1-14 and the North helix will be closed from October 15-29. The project is set to be completed by October 31, 2012.
Tessa LaVergne contributed to this report.
Upcoming Events near Spokane County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade