McMorris Rodgers receives award for promoting rural health care | Health
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers won an award for her work in promoting the quality of heath care for those in rural America.
The "Legislator of the Year" award was given to her by the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health.
“As someone who grew up on a family farm in rural Eastern Washington, I know that rural communities have unique needs – and face significant challenges – when it comes to accessing quality health care. I am honored to accept this year’s ‘Legislator of the Year’ award,” Rep. McMorris Rodgers said.
Rep. McMorris Rodgers serves as Co-Chair of the Rural Health Care Coalition and introduced the Rural Hospital and Provider Equity Act with Rep. Mike Thompson in the 112th Congress.
“It’s time for us to reduce challenges those in rural America face – and the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health makes that possible," she said, "This is an organization whose mission I wholeheartedly support, and I am looking forward to continuing our relationship to help those in America’s rural communities.”
Upcoming Events near Spokane County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade