Republicans of Spokane County to meet to discuss gun control, other key issues | Events
The Republicans of Spokane County announced they will be meeting after the weekend to discuss key issues.
Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich will speak about gun control “addressing the proposed gun legislation and other relevant issues.”
Dick Leland, deputy for Cathy McMorris Rodgers, will speak about the fiscal cliff negotiations.
Michael Cathcart, director of government affairs at Spokane Home Builders Association, will discuss Proposition 2, which will appear on February's ballot. Prop 2 regards a “taxpayer protection policy at the city level.” A “yes” vote would mean that a supermajority of city council votes would be necessary to raise taxes.
The group will be meeting Monday, Jan. 21 at the Quality Inn I-90 and Argonne.
Upcoming Events near Spokane County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Neighbors bust would-be car thief painting stolen Acura with squeegee
- Students to compete in Citizenship Tournament finals
- Neighbors face off over transitional housing
- Westview residents shocked when halfway house moves into neighborhood
- Robbery suspect claims innocence after being implicated by other suspects