Follow Spokane Valley Police on a Ride-Along | Crime
Here's a feature on KXLY we haven't done in awhile. Every now and then I like to go on ride-alongs with local law enforcement. Ride-alongs are a great way to get to know your community. You learn about crime hot spots and what it takes for law enforcement to do their job in the area.
On Thursday, May 30th at 5:30 p.m., I'll be riding with Spokane Valley Police. I don't know who the officer is yet, but we'll find out together. How? Because I tweet about it as it happens.
- To follow along with the ride-along, starting at 5:30 p.m.., check the tweets at www.twitter.com/blushresponse. Caution, there will be a lot of tweets this evening.
- Specific locations are embargoed until shortly after the incident is over. General locations are given.
- Questions are welcome - just reply on Twitter or email me at email@example.com. Short form answers to questions are returned rather quickly while long-form answers to questions may take awhile since my mobile device is my only tool on the road.
- If it’s quiet on the tweets it may mean we’re engaging in heavy conversation or I'm waiting for more information regarding an incident.
- Tomorrow we'll have a recap of incidents listed by time and it will also be featured on Storify by curating all the tweets for the evening.
Here are a couple of past ride-alongs with area law enforcement.
- A Ride-Along With Spokane Police Department, January 19th, 2012
- A Ride-Along With Rosalia's Town Marshal, January 6th, 2012
- A Ride-Along With Spokane Police Department, December 16th, 2011