SNAP Seeking Fallen Trees For Firewood Program | Community Spirit
It might be warming up outside, but SNAP is already looking ahead to next winter and needs your help finding downed trees.
SNAP teams up with the Airway Heights Correctional Center for the Firewood Program, which has inmates cut, stack and deliver wood to families who rely on wood as their sole source of heating during the winter months.
Over $68,000 in wood was delivered to 340 Spokane County homes last winter season, according to SNAP.
“The only requirements are that the location must be in Spokane County and the tree or trees must already be on the ground,” SNAP Firewood Program Coordinator Bob Hoagland said. “Crews will come to the site and take the trees away.”
If you have fallen trees on your property or know where some are call 509-344-0560, extension 259.
Upcoming Events near Spokane County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade