What is "Giving Tuesday"? | Community Spirit
You've survived Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. What could possibly be next? Giving Tuesday!
This day is not about gifts for friends or family, it's all about spreading the love to those less fortunate.
Giving Tuesday is a national effort to kick off the season of giving. Locally, in Spokane, the effort will be in motion at River Park Square. A number of local charities will have displays up, with information about their organizations. There will be drop boxes and donation bins, if you'd like to support them.
Here is the list of which charities are involved and specific items you can donate:
- Inland NW Baby - Diapers, especially sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Cup of Cool Water - Backpacks
- Teen Closet - New adult underwear and socks
- Safety Net - Paper Towels/Cleaning supplies
- Mission Community Outreach - Hygiene supplies for all ages, especially baby wash/shampoo
- American Childhood Cancer Organization of Inland NW (ACCOIN) - New toys for all ages Letem Play - Musical Instruments
There will be an area in front of River Park Square in which you can can pull into a parking spot to drop off items or make a cash donation. (All cash collected that is not specified for a specific organization will be divided equally among those participating.)