Gonzaga prepares for annual spring dance concert | Arts & Culture
Gonzaga students are getting ready to hold their 12th annual spring dance concert later this month.
The concert, which features 90 student dancers, will include several different styles. Ballet, jazz, modern and musical theater routines will all be presented. Between dances, several videos will be shown celebrating Gonzaga's 125th anniversary.
In a statement from Gonzaga University, dance director Suzanne Ostersmith says the dance students worked all semester to prepare and are excited to present this final performance.
“This is a much bigger experience in that these students are not only learning a subject, they are applying it physically, living it and then presenting it before a live audience,” Ostersmith said. “The stakes are high. How often do you present a term paper to a public audience?”
Tickets are $5 each and available for purchase online here. To reserve a ticket, call the Gonzaga Theatre Box Office at (509) 313-6553. Cash, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted.
Upcoming Events near Spokane County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Spokane looks to change how Municipal Code looks at gender identity
- Brush up on traffic safety prior to Bike to Work week
- Greater Spokane Incorporated hires new leader
- Spokane City Council sends letter to County Prosecutor about timely investigations
- Civic Theatre invites community to join Torchlight Parade